Digital Light Lab has defined a process that accurately determines the WAVELENGTH. ILLUMINATION PATTERN and POWER requirements needed for your application. We call this process CureRight. Frequently, UV LED systems are applied to materials using the trial and error method. Without knowing how a material responds specifically to certain wavelengths, it is almost impossible to buy a UV LED system off the shelf and get it right. Our process GUARANTEES that you have the right UV LED system applied to your specific problem. Here’s how it works:
- Customer describes the problem to Digital Light Lab (DLL). This includes any research done to date as well as pictures, on-site demonstration or technical information.
- Customer provides a sample of the curable material to DLL.
- Using a proprietary process, DLL tests the material to determine the material cure rate at various wavelengths and intensities.
- A series of charts are produced to compare varying wavelengths and intensities to each other.
- From this analysis, specific WAVELENGTH, ILLUMINATION PATTERN and POWER requirements can be determined to design a system for your application.
This chart shows a specific result of these tests, for one wavelength. As you can see, material cure rates can be determined. More importantly, the amount of time it takes to get to a specific cure percentage can be found.
Using this information, UV LED systems can be designed specifically for your application. This analysis cost far less than buying UV LED Systems off the shelf to try to find the ‘right’ one.